Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Have a professional check your system periodically.
- Keep an eye on the refrigerant level.
- Oil the blower motor and fan on both the condensing and the evaporation units annually.
- Keep the condensing-unit pan free of bugs, leaves and dirt.
- Check the tension on the condensing and evaporation unit blower fan belts each spring.
- Inspect the blower ducts and joints for leaks and insulation slippage annually.
- Clean or replace air filters in both window (monthly) and central units (quarterly).
- Clean window units completely each year. Oil the blower motor and fan.
- Check the joint between the window frame and the unit to be sure it is properly caulked and weather-stripped annually.
- Keep the blower motor fan blade free of mold and mildew.
- Set your a/c fan speed on high except in when it’s humid.
- Use a whole-house attic fan.
- Don't crank your thermostat as low as it can go when you turn on your air conditioner.
- Set the thermostat high as comfortably possible in summer.
- Don't put electronic equipment near the thermostat. It senses heat, which causes the a/c to run too long.
If you need HVAC Service recommendations, give us a call!